Friday, February 11, 2011

Tempting Tulips

"Tulip Field"
5"x 7" Original Watercolor
2011© Gretchen Bjornson


Spring cannot come soon enough!  Living in an icebox is not my cup of tea.  We have had unusually cold temperatures this winter and they have managed to linger leaving us no relief from the cold.  I'm sure many of you can relate as it seems the entire country, in general, has been hit with one of the worst winters it's seen on record. 

One can only hope the groundhog's prediction earlier this month was correct.....spring will come early.

The weathermen are predicting temps to be in the mid 40's next week.  (That's 40 degrees Fahrenheit for those of you in other parts of the world.)  Let's cross our fingers for a continuing trend of warmer weather and sunshine to coax those tulips out of the ground.

9 comments:

  1. Love the tulips Gretchen I hope your Spring comes soon. I will send you some sunshine. We had 40C last week. Love for us all to have a happy medium...say 25C how does that sound?
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, I hope you get your warmer weather and can be out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cold! 70 ° F here in Sardinia yesterday :-)))
    Beautiful tulips!

    Ciao:-)
    Have i nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seem to have a winter here in the UK that started at least two months early - so feels like its been dragging on some :(
    Your tulip painting is beautiful - I actually bought some tulips yesterday to cheer the living room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been lucky in my neck of the woods. The temps have not been bad and we have not had much snow. Last year we got ours. Even so, I guess I am ready for the new seaason. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gretchen, I love these tulips! I can feel the spring day. What a great visual on these cold winter days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gretchen, perfect painting just great. love the lost and found quality

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dors....I'll take all the sunshine you have to offer, without sacrificing too much of your own of course.

    Kathryn, I can't wait to get out in my garden again.

    Thanks Tim and Franz.

    Pat, I almost bought some for myself, but didn't.

    Thanks Gaylynn, Crystal, and Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails