Monday, July 4, 2011

Aloha and Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July to all my blogging friends!  I've been away for a bit, but I'm back.  Our family spent a week in the land of the "mouse".  That's Disneyworld for those of you who don't know.  The weather was very uncooperative the entire time we were there.  However, that didn't deter us from enjoying the rides and attractions.  Although 4 days of park hopping can take a toll on your physical and mental well being.  Needless to say, we all had a terrific time.

Getting back to the business of painting, I was able to dip my brushes back into my paint and make some serious progress on the Hawaiian dancer in watercolor.  It was especially nice working outdoors.  As you can see from the photo below, I set up shop on our patio. 


Now that most of the landscaping in our yard is in full bloom, it's time to immortalize the flowers in watercolor.   Is there anyone else out there who enjoys painting outdoors as much as I do?  What are your favorite outdoors subjects?

5 comments:

  1. Looking good, Gretchen - and where are the mouse ears in the photo? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dancer is coming on well :)
    I love outdoors painting too - usually some of the statuary in my garden - and some of the plants that surround them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the dancer! I love to paint things outdoors, but not outdoors... too hot and too many mosquitos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda....I should've hit something Disney related in the picture and had you all find it!

    Thanks Pat. I'm really happy with the progress so far. I too love painting things in my garden.

    Crystal...thank you. Bummer about the hotness and biting annoyances.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, I love the dancer. I love to paint outdoors as well. I do mostly seascapes and landscapes in ink and watercolour. Great fun. artbywendysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails