Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Carter's Cornstalks


I built up some darker values on the cornstalk painting.  I came to a point where I wasn't sure what to do with the background.  I indicated a cornfield at the top, but was trying to avoid getting too detailed, which inevitably I do.  I really wanted to have more "lost and found" edges, but so far, it's not happening.  I decided to go darker with the background grass and maybe I need to darken it up even more on the left side.  I'm now wondering if I should darken up the area behind the boy as well?  Maybe that will help to push it back.

2 comments:

  1. The dolly is pretty much done. The boy is vanishing; but this actually gives the movement to the painting. If you leave it as it is nobody can call it not finished painting. There is enough expression to show the heaviness of the cart and the pull that little muscles give.

    Great work.
    Thank you,
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irina. I agree that the dolly(wagon) is done. I had to make a few adjustments to the boy as his shirt just wasn't looking right. I have darkened the background up a bit behind the boy as well. I will post another update of the painting today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails