Thursday, July 15, 2010

Keeping the kids busy.


Although not a huge fan of abstract art, I'm all for activities that keep the kids busy and this one does. We tried our hand at Zentangle, a structured, contained doodle, so to speak. It was really interesting seeing what the boys came up with.....no real rules, so anything goes. Love using those fine point Sharpies.
Carter's Zentangle.













My unfinished Zentangle.  I have to admit, when I have the time, I do enjoy "getting lost" in these drawings.  I see where they get their name. 



You can find the official Zentangles at http://www.zentangle.com/.  There are some really cool pieces to view.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the Zentangle blog! I had some extra kids over and got 3 of them started! What a great constructive and creative activity! They all loved creating their Zentangle!! --Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed it Annie! Can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gretchen, I really love the lost and found edges on your sunflower. That is just so hard for me to do.Mood dictates all oh and brush.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Let's see, i use artist quality paint WN or i love Daniel Smith. I need to branch out more and check out some other brands. What brands do you like?
    As far as layer of paint I let my heart be my guide. When things get boring i add watercolor pencil and pastel. They can really lift the color up and add interest and texture.I am experimenting with just using more water dropped into the paint when it is wet... i don't know I just love watercolor dont' you?
    I look forward to sharing our ideas.
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I've only recently been successful with the "lost and found" edges in my paintings. It's really hard letting go of the feeling of being in control and allowing the painting to tell some of the story....but when it works, it's wonderful.
    I use WN artist quality, but have found many other artists who use Daniel Smith as well. Do you purchase yours online? I'll have to try them. I absolutely love watercolor and I'm very excited about trying new techniques and sharing with you as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails