Friday, July 9, 2010

All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. Pablo Picasso

I have finished the Bird of Paradise with some pen work for detail.  I also need to add the recipients name next to the stem, which was requested by my friend/customer. (Thank you!) 

I will also be mounting this piece onto a card and making an envelope for it to fit into.  This will be a birthday card for my friend's mother.  It's about 7x7 inches and can be framed as well, if she chooses to do so.

My oldest son loved this picture.  He said he liked how colorful it was.  At 8 years old and an artist himself (it's in the genes) he gives the most honest advise.  I frequently find him peering over my shoulder as I'm painting, taking it all in and asking questions along the way.  I hope he continues his love for art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails