Monday, June 28, 2010

No Gift Receipts Needed



My focus this week will be on a piece for an upcoming wedding.  This will be my gift to the bride and groom.   What I enjoy most about these paintings, is the personalization and uniqueness of them.  I try to incorporate the recipient's favorite flower(s) to make the piece more relevant to them.  I choose flowers based on the letters of the name.  For instance, in this painting, I chose a Water lilly, Aster, Lavender, Shasta daisy, and Honesty.  In pen, I write the names of those flowers alongside each letter.

Aren't gifts of the homemade variety the most memorable and rewarding (whether you make them or you commission someone else to make them).  And it seems even more these days, that people tend to give gift cards, fearing they may buy a duplicate item and knowing they are giving the gift bearer the power to "buy what they want". 

You'll be sure the gift bearer won't receive doubles of this.  And....you don't need a gift receipt either.  What a great idea for not only a wedding present, but for an anniversary, baby gift, or housewarming gift too.
If you are interested in ordering a Name Painting, please email me. Name Paintings are $75.00 and will be shipped in a sturdy shipping tube unframed and unmatted. Shipping is $10.00 within the United States.

1 comment:

  1. The picture included in this post was given as a gift for another wedding. I've begun work on the current piece and will post a picture closer to the weekend. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails