Monday, June 13, 2011

Wild Horses!

Wild Horses original watercolor
11"x15"  $95.00
I'm chalking this one up as finished.  I'm really happy with the colors and the movement in the painting.  I've been fine tuning this one while working on my Slugbug painting.  It's helpful having more than one painting going at once.  It allows me to work on one while the other dries.  I tend to paint in 20-30 minute increments as my time allows.  Every once in awhile I eek out 45 minutes to an hour and really feel like I've accomplished something.  What a great feeling it is when I'm able to slip into that 'art zone'.

Don't forget you can find me on facebook too!  I'm nearing 100 "Likes".  I plan to celebrate with a giveaway, so be sure to "Like" my art page so you're not left out!  Click here to go to my facebook page.

15 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Gretchen! Love the movement, and great colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic horse!!!
    Congrats Gretchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Gretchen. I do like how you have them coming at us. So many people paint them running away.
    Anonymous aka Carol Blackburn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The horses are beautiful! Love the colors. I too paint 2 or 3 at the same time. It is the only way to feel like I am accomplishing something in the little time I get to paint on a weekly basis. And I "liked" you on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great movement and passion in this painting. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the movement in the painting! Colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work Gretchen. Love it.
    nice to see you on FB too. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Gretchen and I love the colors and action!
    I also just "liked" your page on fb- I thought I did that long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Crystal, Franz, and Crystal at art2cee2!

    Carol, thanks! I thought having the horses running towards the viewer made for a more intense composition and involved the viewer more.

    Gaylynn....we work alike. And, thanks for liking me!

    Thanks Pat and Judy!

    Dors, so glad we've connected on facebook as well!

    Sheryl, many thanks! Glad you have you following along on facebook as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is very fresh and spontaneously looking - everything watercolors should be. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful watercolours Gretchen.
    I look forward to following your blog.
    Kind Regards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful colors and I love the splashes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Chris. I try to be more spontaneous without compromising depth in my paintings. Sometimes that's hard to do.

    Trevor....thanks for visiting and following along.

    I appreciate your kind comment, Art Collector's Corner! Thanks for stopping by.

    Thank you so much Theresa! I enjoy making the splashes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails