Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Success at the Mansion

This is the beautiful Bryn Du Mansion located in Granville, Ohio, just a short drive from where I reside.  The city of Granville hosts their annual autumn art show in the mansion.  It is rich in history and is situated on 52 acres of lavishly landscaped property which includes a huge front field where you can frequently catch polo matches on Sundays in the fall.

This year I was fortunate to have 3 of the 4 paintings I submitted juried into the show.  One of which has already sold.  Below is a photo my son took of me standing by my piece that sold. 

I have to admit, I was thrilled to have sold a piece, however I had a special love affair with this one.  "Field of Poppies", for those of you who may recall, was the final painting (#28) of my 28 day painting challenge last February.  I'm sad to see it go, but pleased it will bring joy to someone else.  After all, isn't that what it's all about?

"Field of Poppies" is the smaller painting on top.
 

4 comments:

  1. That is indeed a beautiful mansion, Gretchen. And congradulations on your show and sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Gretchen on getting in the show and the SALE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the sale!
    Bringing joy to someone else is a great feeling. Bravo! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails